Monday, August 3, 2009

Nathan's Home!!

Nathan was discharged from NICU on Saturday around 10 am. Steph and I are still getting used to the extra feeding schedule and dispensing his meds. Needless to say, taking a baby home on 6 different medications is far different than when we brought Jacen home on none. Regardless, it is such a blessing to have them both home.

Nathan seems to be settling in good. He has been eating well and sleeping most of the time between feedings. Patches looked at us weird when we brought Nathan in on Saturday though. I know he's thinking "Where do they keep getting these babies from and when are they going to return them?".

Breaking my routine has been weird. I've gotten so used to being at the hospital that I spent part of the day Sunday feeling like I should be elsewhere and on my way to work this morning I found myself on auto-pilot heading to the hospital. This is one routine I'll be glad to break though.

I'll try and post pictures from this weekend when I get home and have both cameras.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so happy that he is home and you are all together again. Hang in there, you will get back to feeling normal soon. We will continue our prayers for both boys and for you and Steph. Keep the pictures coming. They are so encouraging!
Love,
Eddy and Joetta Gallardo

Valerie said...

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO GOD IS GREAT!!! Can't wait to see both my boys. Kyle & Steph too....

Anonymous said...

I just had dinner with your Dad and Debra. When I went to Nathan's pictures I was instantly flooded with memories. My son Tim(now 30) was born 6 weeks premature and I had another baby girl at home.14 mo. old When he was born they gave us little hope of living let alone live a normal or somewhat normal life. Looking at Nathan I saw Tim . Tim had a lot of water on his brain and it was twice normal size. He had CP, autism, 3percent kidney usage. they said he would never walk, talk or be normal,that I should consider putting him in a home and pretend I never had him.Every 6 mo I would takae him to the dr. and they would say he will be dead by 5. Next it was dead by 7 and so on .....only God knew the plan not even I. He is the proof of God's Forever love and a Mother's and Fathers love. He is 30 now and beat all the odds. He had a kidney transplant at 16 and did great to everyones amazement. His joy is boundless and his love to everyone he meets is incrediable. All your sweet Nathan needs is love . I am sure he will be an incrediable young man someday. My husband and I will pray for him .We have been ever since your Dad told us about Nathan. You have so many more wonderful medical things to help you now than our Tim had and he proved everyone wrong . Tim now sings his favoirite Beatles Song ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE to anyone who will listen. Maureen Bradish