Monday, January 4, 2010

Two Firsts in One Day

Nathan
Last night we sat Nathan in the high chair for the first time to try cereal. He wasn't too sure at first, but by the end he seemed content to have a spoon and cereal in his mouth. We will see what happens this week with more cereal attempts.



Jacen
This week is Jacen's first week for fruit, so we decided to start with apple sauce last night. From what everyone had been telling us about babies loving fruits, I expected him to get really excited about it. Instead he simply reacted the same way he always does with new foods which is a confused/unsure expression on his face. He still was willing to eat his squash today, so that is a good thing. We were also warned that after starting fruits, he wouldn't eat veggies anymore. I guess I need to remind myself that this is my content child and he always goes with the flow. He definitely didn't get that from me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Nathan! And, way to go Jacen for being such a good example for Nathan. My little man's favorite baby food, hands down, was the pears. He would actually get excited for those.

Laura said...

I am so glad to see that Nathan ate some cereal!!! What a wonderful step!!!