Saturday, October 31, 2009

More Beautiful You

I have a confession to make. There have been a great many times since the boys were born that I have wished and prayed that Nathan was "normal". Normal health, normal brain development, etc. I heard a song on the radio the other day and it really convicted me on this though. The song is called More Beautiful You by Jonny Diaz. Here is the chorus:

"There could never be a more beautiful you.
Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops they make you jump through.
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do.
So there could never be a more beautiful you."

I know this isn't the intended meaning of the song, but it really struck me. It doesn't matter whether Nathan is ever "normal" or not. God has a special purpose for him. He is beautiful just the way he is. And whether Nathan is with us another week or another 20 years, I believe God will use him and his condition in very special ways. So, while I still pray for healing, I've also begun praying that God will use Nathan and his condition to His glory.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

8 comments:

Luft Family said...

Nathan is precious and I agree that he is on this earth to serve a specific purpose. We continue to pray for God's healing on him. Love ya'll!

PrEsToNs said...

what a precious post!

Davis Family said...

Nathan is absolutely beautiful! Love that song & I think your interpretation is right on!

Davis Family said...

Nathan is absolutely beautiful! Love that song & I think your interpretation is right on!

Anonymous said...

Kyle what a beautiful way to put how very wonderful Nathan is. Both boys are very lucky to have you & Stephanie as thier parents. God has special plans for Nathan & Jacen. I am blessed to know you guys and to call you friends.

Val & Family

Bob Phillips said...

He already has, more than you may ever know. Someday I will tell you how in a more personal way. Love you 4, uncle Bob

Anonymous said...

Kyle, I am so very proud of you and Steph and you are so right. Love to you all. Cousin Debbie

Laura Smith said...

Stephanie and Kyle - Nathan and Jacen are fortunate little boys to have such sweet, loving, Godly parents. How did you both turn out so well? I know the kind of people you associated with in San Angelo!