Sunday, August 9, 2009

Update on Nathan

Nathan's labs looked better today. He's currently getting a slow, continous feed through a NG (nasogastric) tube. This has helped him get some of the nutrition he needs. We are currently working out medications and feedings. Obviously, we don't want to end up back in here next week. Dr. Haefner (the intensivist in PICU) says she expects we'll be home by Wednesday. Nathan will go home on 4 more medications (bringing his current total to 10 prescriptions) and a special formula for infants with renal function problems.

On a side note, I'd like to apologize to anyone who has been unfortunate enough to be around me since Friday evening. I woke up this morning around 5 and realized I hadn't left PICU in 1 1/2 days, meaning I hadn't showered or changed clothes in that amount of time either. And it's not exactly cool back here. So, yeah, I now realize why the nurses were standing as far from me in Nathan's room as possible.

2 comments:

Laura Trusty said...

awww, It's okay Kyle... everyone knows you're just a caring daddy...I'm sure no one thought a thing... Just steal some baby wipes to refresh :-)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie & Kyle,

I just wanted to tell you both that ya'll are great parents, and that you need to continue to trust your decisions because you are making them with God at your side.

Love ya'll,
Lali