Thursday, August 6, 2009

Interesting Few Days

The last few days have been rather interesting and crazy. The appointment with Dr. Brown went well. We haven't seen any serious seizure in the last few days. He scheduled us to come back on Monday to have a phenobarbital level done so that we can see how well he's getting his medication.

We also had Nathan and Jacen's two month appt. with Dr. Gray, our pediatrician, today. The appointment went well. We got a lot of our questions answered and the boys got their 2 month vaccinations. Nathan also had some lab work done and we took the opportunity to stop by NICU and visit some of our friends.

This brings us to this afternoon. After we left the hospital, Steph took me up to work and headed home. I proceeded to get some work done (and make a giant mess of my desk by spilling my Frosty from Wendy's all in my keyboard). Around 4 I got a call from Steph. She had just received a call from Dr. Gray saying that there were some concerns about Nathan's bloodwork so he wanted to admit us back into the hospital. We headed to the hospital and got admitted into the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit). Nathan has been throwing up his feedings off and on since we got home from NICU. Apparently this has left him somewhat dehydrated. They are working to correct the problem but it's going to be slow because we don't want to rush anything with his fragile little body. We're also taking the opportunity to see several other doctor's while we are here.

Anyway, please keep Nathan in your prayers. Being back in the hospital after less than a week at home isn't good. Please pray that he can find the rest and healing he needs.


P.S. Yes, I promised pictures but for some reason I can't ever seem to get my laptop and the camera in the same place at the same time. Hopefully I will in the next few days.

3 comments:

Sherita said...

Still standing with you in prayer and checking on you every day.

Mike & Corina said...

We have been continuing our prayers for you.

Debra Sue Oden said...

I think of all of you often and pray for you bunches. You are such a sweet family.