Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nathan had a head ultrasound done yesterday afternoon and Kyle and Stephanie received the results back today. The ultrasound showed some deterioration of brain tissue from the previous head ultrasound as well as swelling and possibly some bleeding on his brain.

Dr. C is concerned that his liver and kidneys may not ever improve from their current condition due to the problems in the brain. In other words, the worry is that the brain is not functioning the way it needs to in order for organs like the liver and kidneys to get the proper signals.

Obviously this is a set back and not the news we all wanted to hear, especially after excellent EEG results on Monday. Please continue to pray and ask God to heal Nathan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are still in our prayers and God can work miracles. God has a plan for you all and for little Nathan. Hang in there! We are all praying for Nathan.

Love ya'll,
Joetta and Eddy Gallardo

Anonymous said...

God is greater than ALL our fears.
Still praying and confident in His sovereign plan for your family.

Marcelia

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

I heard what you and your husband and sweet babies were going thru and I wanted to say that my family and I are praying for Nathan and for you and your husband. I just want you to know I really feel for you, my baby last year at this time was in the NICU also. She had a heart defect and had to have heart surgery at four weeks old. God loves the children and he is watching over your sweet angel.
These are the passages that got me through:
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;...For I am the Lord,ur God, who takes your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:10,13
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid..;for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deut. 31:6
"You are the God who performs miracles." Psalm 77:14
God bless you and your beautiful family!

Lots of Love,
Cassidy Watson-McGee and Family